Lemons: They might make your face pucker and your eyes tear up, but they are a wonderful addition to dishes and beverages alike adding a fresh, light, and citrusy flavor. But these tart little wonders can do so much more. Try these five tricks with your lemons:
• Before you go to juice your lemons, place then in your microwave for 20 seconds to get loads more juice out of them.
• Cut a cold lemon in half and rub it over dry skin. Next, rinse the juice off, pat dry, and moisturize as usual. The juice helps treat weathered, discolored patches on skin.
• To get rid of stains on your plastic food containers, rub a lemon half over the problem areas, place the container in a sunny area to dry, and then rinse off. Not only will the stains be gone, you container will smell lemony fresh.
• If your finger nails have started to yellow or darken due to age, rub a lemon wedge over your nails to lighten and brighten them.
• Instead of bleach, which can sometimes damages your clothes, add a 1/2 cup of lemon juice to your load to naturally whiten up your whites.
For more great new uses for the everyday items you have in your home, click here.