Have a good head on your shoulders? Brush up on your hair-care expertise with these questions. For answers, scroll below the scissors.
1. What’s the best strategy for applying a hair product?
(a) Start at the ends of the hair and work your way upward to the crown.
(b) Start at the crown and work your way down to the ends.
(c) Apply to the roots, then comb through.
2. What’s the key to achieving a frizz-free blowout?
(a) Using a boar-bristle brush
(b) Setting with hair spray afterward
(c) Drying the hair until there’s no moisture left
3. Which oil is a natural remedy for dandruff?
Ready for the answers?
1. (a) Start at the ends of the hair and work your way upward to the crown. Low is the way to go—start too high on your head, and you’ll weigh your hair down. Not sure how much to apply? Try these guidelines for hair, face, and body products.
2. (c) Drying the hair until there’s no moisture left. For better or for worse, patience is the key to a low-lasting blowout. When you’re ready to start styling, follow these easy steps to a great at-home blow-dry.
3. (B) Tea-tree. A recent study showed that people who used a shampoo with 5 percent tea-tree oil reported a 41 percent reduction in flakes. Add 1 drop to a dollop of your own shampoo before sudsing up. Learn more about multitasking essential oils here.