This weekend, as I was spring cleaning, I did a fun experiment (well, fun by beauty editor standards, anyway). I tried to pare my cosmetics down to 10 items. I did it to clear clutter, of course, but also because I think it’s a good way to determine which products are really working for me. Hopefully the 11 (in the end, I couldn’t choose just 10) well-loved products you see here inspire you to: a) clean b) try new products that may just turn out to be your must-haves, too c) re-assess your stash or d) all of the above.
From left to right:
• Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil in Espresso (glides on effortlessly, stays on beautifully)
• Olay CC Cream—Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (skincare and protection in one, what’s not to love?)
• Curel Ultra Healing Lotion (quite possibly the most emollient body lotion on the market)
• BeneFit They’re Real Mascara (all the better to flirt sans clumps
• Clarisonic Mia 2 (because I no longer feel I’ve washed my face well if I don’t use it)
• Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream (quite simply the lightest, yet most nourishing eye salve)
• Nexxus Pro-Mend Shampoo and Conditioner (you can not beat the smell, feel, and results for the price)
• Cover Girl and Olay Simply Ageless Corrector (despite prolific use of eye cream, sometimes a girl needs a killer under-eye concealer)
• And lastly, although they’re pricey, my two all-time favorite perfumes (I imagine one might get a bit smelly on a desert island!)—Dior Patchouli Impérial and Giorgio Armani Rose D’Arabie.
I’d love to hear your DIPs (desert-island products)!