Let’s get cracking with some hard-boiled questions. Scroll below the eggs to see the answers.
1. Which spice can you use to dye eggs naturally?
(A) Mustard seed
2. When it comes to egg-carton labels, which is the most health-conscious choice?
(B) Certified organic
3. What can you do to prevent a green ring from forming around the yolk of a hard-boiled egg?
(A) Place the raw egg in boiling water instead of cold water.
(B) After cooking, submerge the cooked egg in cold water.
(C) Roll the cooked egg after boiling.
Ready for the answers?
1. (C) Turmeric. For beautiful yellow-dyed eggs, look to turmeric, water, and vinegar. Get the dye ratio, and recipes for more homemade colors, right here.
2. (B) Certified organic. Need more help cracking the code to food labels? Check out our guide.
3. (B) After cooking, submerge the cooked egg in cold water. Check out this video for vibrant yolks every time.