The Best New Liquid Eyeliner

January 7, 2014 | By | Comments (7)

opened-eye_300I’ve used liquid eyeliner as long as I’ve worn makeup (junior high?). It’s what my mom used, and therefore, the medium I mastered. Back then, the only options were liquid liners with those little paint-brush applicators. Now there are the felt-tip marker style, which I think are totally impossible to use. My original favorite was a Lancome liquid liner that is no longer made (isn’t that always the case with the products you can’t live without?). To be honest, I’ve tried a million liquid liners since and not found one I liked as much the beloved Lancome.

That was, until last year, when Yves Saint Laurent introduced its Eyeliner Baby Doll ($34). It has a paint-brush applicator I find incredibly easy to control even if your hand’s a little wobbly. A good trick I picked up from Bobbi Brown is to trace over recently-set liquid liner with a pencil liner to even out any bumps or gaps in your line. This also makes the color last longer.

Baby Doll comes in a range of shades, from conservative to funky. I’ve been using Light Golden Brown (10), which actually has traces of green in it, and Light Amethyst (12), a wearable purple that pops nicely against brown eyes.

For those of you who like the felt-tip liquid liners, the best trick I’ve learned is to dot the tip along the base of your lashes, then carefully play connect the dots. But for me that’s too time-consuming. I’d rather just apply in one sweep with the paint-brush tip.

Would love to hear your liquid-eyeliner discoveries!

Get more back-to-basics beauty tips and tricks.

COMMENTS

1. Monica

I bet you used the Lancome Traceur Matique (which came only in black, f I remember well). I miss that eyeliner so much!!! It was long lasting, and easy to apply… I was so disappointed when it was discontinued!

January 7, 2014 at 1:01 pm
  2. Laura

Eye of is an easy to apply felt tip type eyeliner!

January 7, 2014 at 10:33 pm
  3. Laura

Eyeco not eye of! Darn spell check!

January 7, 2014 at 10:34 pm
  4. Cam

MAC’s Point Black is my all time favorite. It goes on industrial strength which I love because I tend to smudge.

January 8, 2014 at 3:54 am
  5. Colleen

does it come in blue kohl?

January 9, 2014 at 12:12 pm
  6. short term loans no credit check for pensioners

Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give
    a quixk shout out and say I really enjoy reading your
    blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that coger the
    same topics? Thanks a lot!

June 2, 2014 at 12:36 am
  7. Neville

I have read some just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how so much attempt you put to make this sort of excellent informative
    web site.