Don’t Throw Away Greeting Cards

January 3, 2014 | By | Comments (7)

Holiday Cards

If you were inundated by season’s greetings, don’t toss them. As you purge your home of all things holiday, set aside any old greeting cards to send to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, an organization that provides resources and care for children and families affected by abuse.

As part of the program, the kids are taught about entrepreneurship by repurposing and reselling used greeting cards.

See more creative ways to give back.

COMMENTS

1. Jackie McHugh

Great Idea – I usually make gift tags out of them

January 3, 2014 at 11:38 am
  2. Virginia

I purged my cards (Christmas, birthday, thank you, etc.) in late 2013 and sent them to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children. I did save a few for package toppers. The card can be trimmed and glued to a wrapped package in lieu of ribbons and bows.

January 3, 2014 at 1:17 pm
  3. Andrea Nawara

Great re purposing!!

January 3, 2014 at 2:47 pm
  4. Shirline Johnson

I re purpose greeting card by cutting the very nice one and use as book markers. As I use the new book markers, it causes me to think of the nice people that sent it to me.

January 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm
  5. sandy sheppard

A dear friend told me she put them in a basket on the kitchen table and each morning she would pick the one in front and pray for that family and then place in in back so they all got prayed for.

January 9, 2014 at 11:45 pm
  6. Alberta Hill

some are so beautiful that i frame them. i have a panda bear one on the wall & also a real neat one with a rabbit.

January 10, 2014 at 9:57 am
  7. Colleen

would love to hear about more needed items that are easy to give and help out like this one, this is one so different and easy to follow… the rest of your article did not give me any more help then I already knew about.. please share more like this card donations to charity thanks.

January 10, 2014 at 12:18 pm