1. What can you do to revive wilted roses?
(a) Stick the flowers in the freezer for an hour.
(b) Submerge them in cool water for a few hours.
(c) Spritz them with vinegar.
(d) Drop a penny into the vase.
2. What restores the bubbles to Champagne that has lost most of its fizz?
(a) Club soda
(b) A raisin
(c) A twist of lemon
(d) A Life Savers candy
3. Which household product can remove a red-lipstick stain?
(a) Dish soap
(b) Hydrogen peroxide
(c) Hair spray
(d) Baking soda
Ready for the answers?
1. (B) This works for many wilted flowers, but roses especially respond well to a cool water bath. For more pretty bouquet ideas, check out these particularly beautiful buds and their symbolic meanings.
2. (B) Just drop a raisin into your open bottle a few minutes before pouring, and any last gasps of carbon dioxide still in your Champagne will stick to the raisin’s ridged surface, and start releasing again as bubbles. Bonus: You can use your remaining raisins for these chewy oatmeal cookies.
3. (C) If your fabric is machine washable, spray the spot with enough hair spray to saturate, let it sit 10 minutes, and then dab with a damp cloth or sponge to remove and launder as usual. Is your smudge on a carpet? Kiss it goodbye using this trick.