Too late? No way. If you’ve been putting off holiday shopping (your friend already has everything, the crowds are too much to handle), time is running out. Use these smart, excuse-busting tips, courtesy of SheFinds founder Michelle Madhok, to check everyone off of your list just in the nick of time.
• Follow your friends for clues. Check out your pal’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest page for insight into what might be on her wish list.
• Make a list. When on a time crunch, a well-planned list (and a firm budget) helps minimize aimless browsing so you’re shopping trip can be as efficient as possible.
• Avoid the frenzy. Hit stores when the first open to browse freshly stocked shelves and dodge the crowds and long lines.
• Shop the right stores. By the time Christmas week rolls around, many stores are fresh out of stock. To avoid the disappointment of empty shelves, head to department stores like HomeGoods, T.J. Maxx, and Marshalls. These stores are constantly restocking their shelves with designer items at affordable prices.
• Opt for a gift card. If you’re really out of time or plum out of ideas, purchase a gift card to your friend’s favorite store (after all, it is this season’s most coveted gift). Just don’t forget to personalize the packaging.