Top 10 Hiding Spots for Holiday Gifts

December 6, 2013 | By | Comments (7)

Stack of Gifts

You’ve made your list and checked it twice, now you need to find a place to hide the presents! According to The National Retail Foundation, shoppers started buying gifts earlier than ever this year.  Since all those gifts have to stay under wraps for longer, parents have come up with some very creative hiding spots to outwit wandering eyes and keep the surprise alive. Need some ideas? Wayfair.com shares their Facebook fan’s most common hiding spots:

1. Washer or dryer
2. Empty suitcases
3. Attic or basement
4. Trash cans
5. Car trunks
6. Dog kennels
7. Behind ceiling panels
8. Guest bedroom closets
9. Crawl spaces
10. Parent’s underwear drawers

Where do you hide the presents?

Still shopping? See Real Simple‘s Holiday Gift Guide.

COMMENTS

1. kristin

Check out these unique gift bundles at Farm To People, we ship right to your door!

December 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm
  2. aileen

My parents would swap with a neighbor or coworker…they would hide our presents at the other house and vice versa, so even if we found presents we still didn’t know what we were getting!!

December 6, 2013 at 12:59 pm
  3. Julie

I collect Christmas tins. One year I just put the gifts in the tins, under the tree. Nobody thought to look there. That was probably over 10 years ago and they still talk about the year the gifts were in plain sight and nobody saw them.

December 6, 2013 at 3:03 pm
  4. robe (@robe66906625)

my best friend’s aunt makes $81/hour on the computer. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her income was $12742 just working on the computer for a few hours. see it here………..✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈ JOBS60.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

December 6, 2013 at 4:41 pm
  5. Jenny

Well I work from home so the back of a filing cabinet is good for hiding presents as is behind stationery or in stationery boxes.

December 7, 2013 at 11:22 am
  6. tim karo

I don’t hide gifts it’s a treasure hunt, it starts with clues in a couple of presents wrapped under the tree….the clues direct the present recipient to the next clues, in this case my wife,sometimes i will hide clues under a chair or pillow…Christmas day last year lasted 4 hours and extended into two counties…..make Christmas day fun….forget the under the tree crap

December 7, 2013 at 11:54 pm
  7. Pamela

There is the way you can make your man do what you want by choosing the right present). I was working hard persuading my boyfriend to go to the gym. To give him a final push I’ve ordered post-workout product for him as a Xmas present))). I would not come to this idea myself, unless I saw this special proposal on amazon http://www.amazon.com/enhanced-L-Glutamine-capsules-Military-Tested/dp/B008JHQ1JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387204626&sr=8-1&keywords=bcaa+glutamine

December 16, 2013 at 2:37 pm