A Product for Neck Skin That Actually Works

October 22, 2013 | By | Comments (11)

On any given day, any given number of beauty-product publicists stop by my office, pitching me “must-have” products that I don’t really believe will ever be my must-haves. I try everything, with an open mind, of course, but my snap-judgments are generally spot-on (yes, in fact, I’ve carried on just fine without the bikini-line soothing underwear for pre/post waxing).

But I’m happy to admit just how wrong I was about PCA Skin’s Perfecting Neck & Décolleté cream. The publicist begged me to use it twice daily and document my results—and swore I’d see results, which I do. Look at my neck before:

IMG_1637

And after:

IMG_1635

Keep in mind, this part of the body is notoriously difficult to treat without plastic surgery (talk about a pain in the neck); the skin is thin, the tendons get ropey, there’s sagging and constant movement (that causes lines to form) to contend with, not to mention sun damage. But this collagen-boosting, pigment-correcting concoction seems to yield real results.

In the absence of the $75 dollars you’ll need to get yourself a tube on dermstore.com (fortunately, a little really does go a long way), most dermatologists offer a simpler solution: Instead of just using your gentle anti-agers on your face, extend them down to the base of your neck.

Get more anti-aging ideas for your neck.

COMMENTS

1. mazzonisays

great post! good neck product is so hard to find!!

October 22, 2013 at 4:44 pm
  2. libbyat

It would help if your before and after photos had the same lighting. The before photo shows a little bit of cross lighting which is harsher and helps to accentuate wrinkles. While the after photo pretty much has even lighting (or in this case lack of any direct light), which hides any evidence of wrinkles.

October 22, 2013 at 11:47 pm
  3. great

How old is your neck?

October 23, 2013 at 12:12 pm
  4. Didi Gluck

My neck (along with the rest of me) will be 43 on Saturday :)

October 23, 2013 at 12:18 pm
  5. LK

How long did you use the product?

October 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm
  6. lifeofjanine

I’m 52 & have been using a product called Exuvience for the past 18 months and it has made a big difference in my decolletage. This area was starting to get crepey, and it’s now a LOT smoother. The difference was noticeable after about 4 months, especially first thing in the morning when I’d wake up with a really crinkly decollete area.

October 23, 2013 at 1:55 pm
  7. Brad E Wakeman

I concur with @libbyat about the pictures . . . they’re horrible for comparing the before and after. If hair is down on one, it should be down on the other.

Every added item adds shadows that compromise the comparison. The comment about the lighting also applies to the hair placement because the “after” photo light glare over the left shoulder may have been prevented if the hair was down.

I apologize for not commenting on the product (as a male, I don’t use any) but if you’re going to provide pictures, please be sure they’re actually helpful.

October 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm
  8. puppygirl62

Did you hold your head up higher in the first picture?

October 23, 2013 at 2:14 pm
  9. Didi Gluck

Oh goodness. I’m so sorry if my post seemed misleading; good thing I’m in beauty and not Photo! My images were certainly never meant to pass as clinical-trial-level photos. And you’re all correct, they’re not exactly apples to apples, but when in life do you see people in the exact same light/position two times in a row? My point is not to be defensive, but rather to illustrate that, to my naked eye, my neck looks better to me. Especially that little hollow bit under my chin! And to me, that is impressive. But keep the comments coming. And, in the future, I will make sure that I write how old I am (43), and how long I used the product (in this case, twice daily for four week). TX!

October 23, 2013 at 5:12 pm
  10. meriemboulkrait

thank you very much for the suggestion , but there is another product that make your skin more healthier , it named “aloverra “

November 8, 2013 at 8:53 am