In the spirit of positivity, we asked Real Simple Facebook fans to share their very favorite moments in the day. The answers ranged from spiritual to sweet to side-splitting—it’s hard not to read them without smiling. Take a look at the highlights:
• In what was close to 500 total responses, the biggest reoccurring theme was waking up, going into work, or coming home to hugs, kisses, and smiles. Whether that positivity was from a partner, child, coworker, student, dog, cat, parrot, cow, or chicken (yes, we saw responses of all kinds), the takeaway seems to be that the best thing you can do for another person is show your appreciation—or at the very least, wait a few minutes to start bothering them!
• Not to be outdone, dozens of readers swore by their solitary moments of peace, no matter when in the day it came.
• A phone call or text from a seldom-seen loved one was another major mood-booster.
• The largest split: To some, the best part of the day was the very anticipation of a blissful time ahead. For others, being in the moment itself was more enjoyable.
• Many readers swore by post-workout endorphins… in fact, we saw more testimonies about how good it feels to hit the gym than responses about indulging in a dessert. Dinner and drinks were also well represented, but the act of them held higher significance than what was actually being consumed. Of course, nothing could hold a candle to the power of coffee, which accounted for over 7% of the total replies.
Read the whole thread here and see below for our favorite answers:
Waking my daughter with tickles to hear her giggle and pretend to sleep so I will keep tickling her!
After school, when my daughter comes home, and then Daddy. We spend as much time as life allows just taking it all in. We go over the day, everyone helps prepare the evening meal, just doing family things… I like to call them “life’s moments.” They are nothing special, just moments, but they are some of our most fun times—no plans, no rush, comfy clothes and usually everybody is in a good mood. Life: Just kick back and enjoy it!
When I kick off my shoes and unleash the bra…ahhhh.
—Susan B.F. (This one got 24 Likes, and there were many more similar to it!)
Nursing my little guy at bedtime. He looks into my eyes, and I can see his love for me.
Waking up without too many aches and pains, brewing up some good coffee and going outside to sit on the patio and enjoy the air.
When the school bus leaves ;)
Closing my eyes for the night, knowing everyone is tucked in and safe.
Seeing the mixture of joy and relief on my child’s face when he finds me in the crowd of parents at pick-up time at school.
After work, after homework, after dinner, after putting four kids and two dogs to bed; side by side with my love. We high five and say, “We did it.” We survived.
What’s the best part of your day? Let us know in the comments, and then learn how to feel better every day.