Never Lose a Sock Again

October 9, 2013 | By | Comments (10)

Socks in Bed

One of the most frustrating aspects of doing laundry (other than, well, doing laundry) is the number of socks that emerge from the wash without their pair. Forget putting out an APB: Simply use a safety pin to keep each pair together before throwing it in the machine. No sorting, no matching necessary afterward.

See what’s really happening inside your washer and dryer.

COMMENTS

1. Suzy T.

I am too lazy for this.. .it sounds very time consuming! I just throw all my socks into those mesh lingerie bags (they come in different sizes) and voila, same results, less work!

October 9, 2013 at 1:40 pm
  2. jan hunter

Thanks Suzy T-what a great idea

October 9, 2013 at 1:49 pm
  3. M/I Homes
    October 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm
  4. Ayla Withee @Eat Simply

I have to say, I would never do this with each pair of socks before washing… Wearing mismatched doesn’t bother me that much. I’ve considered have a separate little bin just for socks and doing them all in one load though.

October 15, 2013 at 2:51 pm
  5. amanda bennett

every one can use some socks thanks

October 15, 2013 at 2:55 pm
  6. Katrina

I agree with you Suzy! That’s so much easier and avoids the extra steps of the safety pins. I had the same idea and bought a few lingerie bags a few weeks ago. I just need to sew a ribbon on each bag so my kids can hang them on their doorknob. Otherwise it would probably get lost.

October 15, 2013 at 3:01 pm
  7. mary keller

I like Suzi’s idea!!

October 16, 2013 at 10:42 pm
  8. Jenn

They’ll come around. I just keep a small wicker basket on top of the dryer and when a sock doesn’t have a mate, I put it in there. Every few weeks, I sort through there and voila! Everyone is paired up again!

October 17, 2013 at 12:06 am
  9. A Little Bit of Cheek

What a fantastic idea ! I have a small basket inside and all the clean socks get placed in there and matched up. I like the lingerie bag idea too.

October 22, 2013 at 7:22 pm
  10. Jennifer Saranow Schultz (aka Hint Mama)

I’m a fan of buying multiple pairs of the same little socks. That way if one sock gets lost, you can still use the other half of the pair. More on that trick (and some others, including your clever one) here: http://hintmama.com/2013/11/06/todays-hint-how-to-conserve-little-and-big-socks/

November 6, 2013 at 10:33 am