Tips for Balancing Your Jewelry

September 6, 2013 | By | Comments (7)

jeweliq-necklace_300

One of the keys to pulling an outfit together is striking the right balance of jewelry. While there are many ways to do this—a minimalist look might require no jewelry at all, while others prefer to layer on as much as possible—there is one simple equation to help get it right every time. Think of it as a trifecta: 1 necklace + 1 bold ring + 1 bracelet.

Wear the ring on one hand and the bracelet on the other. The result will look polished and pulled-together, without appearing over- or under-done. And of course there are endless variations to suit your own taste; switch out the necklace for a pair of earrings (the key is to have a piece of jewelry near your face), or try a stack of skinny bangles rather than one single cuff.

Find a cute shoulder bag to complete your look.

COMMENTS

1. functionallyfrivolous

Good tips, people often wear too much jewelry or none at all. Finding a balance is key.
    functionallyfrivolous

September 6, 2013 at 10:27 pm
  2. PJ

Rule of thumb ladies, take one piece off!! Less is more.

September 7, 2013 at 11:55 am
  3. Jen

My wedding ring is bold. Does that count as the “1 bold ring”? I used to wear rings all the time before I got engaged, now I’m afraid it’ll look wrong.

September 12, 2013 at 2:37 pm
  4. Megan

I have been wondering the same thing as Jen! I have stopped wearing lots of the rings I used to wear (“statement” or “bold” rings) because I’m afraid they will clash with my engagement/wedding ring, even though I don’t wear them on the same hand. Thoughts?

September 12, 2013 at 2:57 pm
  5. bellabagu

Hey Jen, I wouldn’t count your wedding or engagement rings as one of the pieces. You can absolutely wear a bold ring on the other hand and if you do a bracelet do it on the wedding ring side.

September 12, 2013 at 4:08 pm
  6. rebeccadaly

Hi Jen, Megan, and Bellabagu! In my opinion, wedding and engagement rings are less like jewelry and more like a part of you, so I don’t normally count them as pieces when thinking about something like balancing jewelry, or mixing metals, etc. Bellabagu makes a great point – if your wedding or engagement ring is particularly bold and you don’t feel comfortable wearing two statement-y rings on one hang, just move the cocktail ring to your right hand.

September 13, 2013 at 12:31 pm
  7. Selected Jewels

Yoսr ѕtyle is very unique compared tto ߋother foks I’ve read stuff from.
    Thank you for posting when you have thе opportunity, Guess I will just booк mark
    this page.