You may get a great deal on a new blazer at fast-fashion megastores like H&M, but navigating the aisles can monopolize an entire afternoon. Here, Andrea Howe, the founder of style blog FortheLoveOf.net, shares five tips for an easier shopping experience.
1. Beat the crowds. Shop early (before 1:00 p.m.), and avoid the stores on Monday, since they may be a mess from the weekend rush.
2. Dress appropriately. Wear a fitted tee and slip-on shoes for easy, quick changes.
3. Shop jewelry first. Browse the accessories while your hands are still free.
4. Choose wisely. Pick up multiple sizes (it can be difficult to find that item again!), but limit yourself to 10 items.
5. Try on. Reserve 15 minutes for trying on clothes. If the line is too long, slip tops over your shirt in the middle of the store (another reason that fitted tee is the right choice!).