How to Get Shiny Hair

July 30, 2013 | By | Comments (7)

Woman brushing her hair

Product buildup can cause highlights to lose their luster, says Kyle White, the lead stylist at Oscar Blandi salon, in New York City. His homemade remedy? Every two weeks, crush an aspirin and mix the powder into a dollop of shampoo before lathering up. The salicylic acid in the aspirin will help remove any dull coating from your hair and restore the shine.

See six products for shiny, voluminous hair.

COMMENTS

1. Lynnette Onorad

A vinegar rinse will do the same thing.

July 30, 2013 at 12:18 pm
  2. Entenight

what Tina responded I cant believe that a stay at home mom able to earn $6198 in 1 month on the internet. did you see this web site..www.blue78.com

July 30, 2013 at 4:44 pm
  3. Lori Thompson

I have been using vinegar for years, it works great and “no it doesn’t smell afterwards”. I`m sure that the aspirin works just as well, but when you`’re in the shower where do you place the aspirin powder while wetting your hair? Having a small cup of vinegar seems easier, till ready to use.

July 31, 2013 at 6:05 am
  4. Tabatha Alcina

Small cup of shampoo with the asprin in it…

August 6, 2013 at 5:55 pm
  5. Vicki

will baby aspirin work

August 6, 2013 at 8:46 pm
  6. Lorene

Has anyone tried this on curly hair? It seems that we have a different texture and what works on straight hair doesn’t always works with curly hair.

August 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm
  7. Amy Cairo

Thanks for your question, Lorene; I was wondering the exact same thing especially with my 3c/4a. Waiting for the response although I’ve read on curly/coily blogs that vinegar treatments work for us and I’d rather stick with what’s natural anyway…

August 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm