Before you grab your towel and sunblock and head out the door, check to see if you know the answers to these questions.
1. What will help you remove sticky sand from your body the fastest?
a) A paper towel
b) A washcloth
c) Baby powder
d) A soft-bristled brush
2. How much sunscreen does it take to cover your whole body?
a) 1 tablespoon
b) 1 ounce
c) 1/4 cup
d) 1/2 cup
3. After you eat, how long should you wait before you go swimming?
a) 30 minutes
b) An hour
c) 2 hours
d) You don’t have to wait.
Ready for the answers?
1. Baby powder: The trick here is that baby powder helps dry your skin. Once that extra moisture is absorbed, the grains of sand have nothing left to stick to, and will brush off easily. Add a travel-size container to your beach bag, and get two more beach shortcuts here.
2. 1 Ounce: A little goes along way when you’re applying sunscreen, as it only takes as much as will fill a shot glass to cover your whole body. You’ll need another pea-size serving to protect your face as well. And remember to apply every two to four hours depending on how fair your skin is and how often you’re in the water. Get more sunscreen tips.
3. 30 Minutes: Unless you’ve eaten a feast fit for kings, it only takes about half-an-hour for food to start emptying from your stomach, making it safe to get back in the water. If you’re going to be doing a swimming workout or laps, wait a bit longer.
Don’t forget to sign up for our summer newsletter!