Being tasked with giving a toast at any special occasion sends most people’s stomach in knots. With all eyes on you, the pressure is on to deliver poignant, well-chosen words. Next time you’re asked to raise a glass, make it memorable (in a good way, of course!) by following this five-step guide.
1. Set the scene by giving some background on your relationship with the person being toasted.
2. Share a funny, but meaningful anecdote.
3. Include a bit of good-natured teasing for comic relief.
4. Explain how everything finally came together.
5. End your toast with a nod of support and ask guests to raise their glass.
See more helpful tips for making a wedding toast.