Is Your Dishwasher Leaving White Film on Dishes? Try this.

June 20, 2013 | By | Comments (6)

Fully Loaded Dishwasher

The dishwasher saves me a lot of time and effort, but the convenience factor tends to drop off when I open my dishwasher at the end of the cycle to discover a white film on the “clean” dishes. Use these dishwasher fixes to avoid rewashing your dinnerware and get your dishes sparkling again.

-Open the dishwasher halfway through the cycle. If there are still patches of soap powder at the bottom of the tub or there’s no water dripping from the top rack, your dishwasher may not be using enough water. Call an appliance-repair service.

-Double check that your water heater is set to 120 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure the water in the dishwasher is hot enough. If it is and you’re still having issues, try running the water in your sink until it becomes hot before you turn on the dishwasher.

See surprising uses for your dishwasher.

COMMENTS

1. Eleanor Spence

Look at Consumer Reports Online. This is likely caused by a change in the formula for some dishwasher detergents to reduce phosphorus which was causing white film, especially in hard water. I have found adding a tablespoon or two of liquid water softener (e.g. Calgon) eliminated the problem.

June 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm
  2. Belle Patterson

Luckily I never had to worry about this problem. I “bit the bullet” and found a model from a bunch of commercial dishwashers to use. Been perfect. However, this is a problem that runs rampant. Eleanor has some good advice above.

August 8, 2013 at 2:51 pm
  3. dishwasher drain hose

I was extremely pleased to find this web site. I need
    to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!!
    I definitely liked every part of it and I have you book marked
    to see new information in your site.

September 2, 2013 at 5:12 am
  4. appliancewise
    March 4, 2014 at 10:05 pm
  5. Best Washers in QLD

My friend told me she had the same problem. Her suggestion was to put vinegar in the rinse compartment I yet have to try it though.

June 26, 2014 at 12:57 am
  6. jody

Free samples available. A new product made from dehydrated orange peels works great at solving this problem.

August 11, 2014 at 10:45 pm