To get a golden glow without streaks or dark spots, follow this easy method.
For your body:
• Use an exfoliator to remove dead skin and to provide a smooth surface for self-tanner. Rinse, pat dry, and do not moisturize.
• Put petroleum jelly or oil on your fingernails and toenails to prevent cuticles from turning dark. Apply self-tanner to your feet and hands, then rub a dry towel between your fingers and toes.
• To apply self-tanner evenly on your body, use circular motions and long, smooth strokes. Get assistance for your back.
• Wipe ankles, knees, and elbows with a dry towel to prevent these areas from turning darker than you would like. Give your underarms a quick dry swipe, too. This will remove excess tanner to ensure that the area looks naturally tan.
• Wait 10 minutes before dressing, and wear dark clothes for the next few hours. Don’t shower, do anything strenuous, or visit a sauna for eight hours.
For your face:
• Put hair in a ponytail or use a headband to pull all hair back from the hairline. Apply self-tanner evenly to the entire face. Don’t forget to run your hands over your ears and neck.
• Wash hands immediately.
Get more summer skin tips in our summer beauty guide.