A Solution for the What-to-Make-for-Dinner Stress

May 22, 2013 | By | Comments (9)

weekly-meals

It’s 4:00 and you have no idea what to make for dinner. Or, it’s 6:00 and you’re raiding the freezer for something somewhat healthy to serve your family. Sound familiar?

Real Simple wants to help solve these dinnertime dilemmas. We’re launching a 4-week trial of a new weekly meal plan service. Check it out: We want to hear what you think. Does this help make life a little bit easier? Get all the details here.

COMMENTS

1. Summer

Not willing to pay for it. This service is provided for free on several other websites.

May 23, 2013 at 11:53 am
  2. Ellie

I think if you have a subscription, it should be free. People who don’t who are just visiting the website could have the option to pay for the meal plan.

May 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm
  3. Gail

What size family will it be geared towards?

May 29, 2013 at 12:27 pm
  4. Allyson

The problem I have with many meal plans is that it doesn’t accommodate food allergies or just general dislikes (I can’t even look at mayo), and so many meals wouldn’t be right for our family.

I am interested since I believe Real Simple would focus on the way I like to feed my family, but I’m skeptical about “getting my money’s worth” and even finding four or five usable recipes…is there a list of recipe titles we can see?

Kudos for having a vegetarian option as well!

May 29, 2013 at 1:23 pm
  5. Glenn Buercklin

Sounds like a great idea – for me. Wife works, I like to cook, am retired. After a number of years I was informed just the other night that my “creative” abilites would be appreciated and Dinner near ready when she gets home. Sounds reasonable. I sit on my butt all day, do as I please and still expect life to be as “once upon a time”. (second Wife-second time around). She is right. Give me advice for simplicity.

May 29, 2013 at 1:49 pm
  6. Sandra

hmmm not enough details from the link provided to convince me it would be worth it. Could you provide sample recipes, are you providing weekly recipes with overlapping ingredients to minimize waste, how long to these recipes take to prepare, are they week-night friendly, kid-friendly, how many servings, etc… There are a lot of meal planning sites, many for free, available online…what sets this one apart?

May 29, 2013 at 3:28 pm
  7. Minxie

I, too, would like to see some sample recipes. Still, I doubt I would pay for this service. We don’t eat seafood, so that would be a lost menu or two each week, I’m sure. Unless you offered an alternate protein suggestion that could be prepared in the same or a similar way.

May 31, 2013 at 12:58 am
  8. lasinva

I’ve paid for this service from other sources, and never been happy with the variety, quality, adaptability/scalability or value. While i usually like RS’s meal planning and cooking advice, i’d rather see it as part of my subscription, rather than an add-on cost. My salary already isn’t keeping up with cost-of-living…and adding this at an extra cost would cause me to reevaluate the value i’m getting from my paid subscription…

June 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm
  9. meriemboulkrait

the problme is not how we organize our meals but how we buy it from the supermarkets , well for the develped countries such as america, britain or australia , the people can control their desire to buy their food , but in africa and in other countries ,it’s is a bit difficult because they don’t think how they qualified their meals but it’s how they buy it and find much money to put in the packet all what they want even the food is healthier or not heathier , so it’s another matter , for some people , regarding how theu can decrease stress and desire when they buy their food from supermarkets?

November 8, 2013 at 9:10 am