Where to Store Rubber Gloves

Hang Rubber Gloves to Dry

No one wants to put on a pair of wet rubber gloves when it’s time to do the dishes or scrub the bathtub. So next time you peel off those bright yellow gloves hang them up inside a cabinet—open side down, which will prevent water from pooling in the fingertips.

You can easily attach clothespins or binder clips to the inside of a cabinet door with a small nail or tack, or you can use these removable clips for a less permanent solution.

Find more ways to organize your cleaning supplies here.

COMMENTS

1. Brad E Wakeman

Here’s a better tip: use toxic-free cleaners so rubber gloves aren’t necessary. Better for the environment, too!

May 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm
  2. Ashley

I’m afraid that even with natural cleaners, gloves are still necessary. People with sensitive skin, or ladies who just like to keep their hands/nails in good shape welcome the use of rubber gloves as protection from hot water and ALL cleaners. Great tip! Why didn’t I think of that?

May 16, 2013 at 11:55 am
  3. DS

That’s a great idea but I find it odd that there is no mention of where the dripping water will end up and what to do about that.

May 23, 2013 at 11:49 am
  4. AWW

I wear gloves due to the scalding hot water, not the cleanser I use. This tip might work for some, but like DS asks – where does the dripping water go? I let my gloves drip dry right on the edge of the sink, when they are dry I put them away. I also cuff my gloves at the wrist so it is really hard to get water inside while wearing :)

May 23, 2013 at 12:23 pm
  5. Mary Wieloch

I’d say put the clips inside the shower. Hang them there until someone uses the shower next, then put them away. They’ll drip inside the shower stall.

May 23, 2013 at 12:30 pm
  6. KatyA

I actually already thought of that! Lol there’s a plant-hanging hook next to my sink. I hung a pants hanger from the store on that, above my dish drainer. The little drips don’t make much difference in my dishes. Hope this helps!

May 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm
  7. cynthia

I wash them while still on my hands with soap and water and dry them with towel after cleaning. Like the clips idea so that I’ll know where they are.

May 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm
  8. Hmpfh

I’m going to just let Mr. Know-It-All Brad do my dishes from know on. Enjoy scalding your hands.

November 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm