Clean Your Patio Furniture Fast

May 10, 2013 | By | Comments (6)

outdoor furniture

The sun is finally shining here on the East Coast, and Memorial Day will be here before we know it. That means it’s time to haul out your outdoor furniture, and get it looking spiffy before company comes calling. Just remember: You’re not aiming for perfectly clean. Pretty clean is just fine when you’re tidying up in the outdoors! Here are easy directions to follow:

Cast aluminum chairs and tables: Cover them from top to bottom with all-purpose cleaner and rub with a nylon scrub brush. Next, wipe with a microfiber cloth. For extra protection, finish with a coat of car wax.

All-weather cushions. Combine 1 quart warm water, 1 teaspoon dishwashing detergent, and 1 tablespoon borax in a bucket. Dip a sponge in the solution, then use it to scrub the cushions on all sides. Let the solution soak in for 15 minutes. Rinse with a hose. Stand each cushion on an edge until dry.

Umbrella. Hose down the umbrella. Rub a wet soft-bristle brush across a bar of laundry soap. Run it over the open canopy, working from bottom to top. Rinse with a hose. Leave the umbrella open until dry. In between cleanings, wipe off bird droppings as soon as you spot them; the high acid content damages fabric.

Wicker tables and chairs. Use your vacuum’s crevice attachment to dislodge leaves and bugs from the cracks. (A paintbrush works well, too.) Next, wet a microfiber cloth with all-purpose cleaner and glide it over the wicker. Rinse with a damp sponge. Dry with a cloth to prevent mildew.

Need a few new pieces to add a little pop to your patio? Check out our outdoor furniture buying guide .

COMMENTS

1. Marvin

Giving new look to your home in summer with new furniture and interior design. The new
    Contemporary Furniture Fort Lauderdale will give a cool look your house. furniture and interior are important for our house.

May 27, 2013 at 2:46 am
  2. JameyStacy

I might say this article is very helpful guide to clean and haul your outdoor furniture if you do not want to buy a new one. I am amazed, I’ve tried this guide last week because i do not want to waste money for a new one. Now my old outdoor furniture looks better and new.

May 29, 2013 at 8:52 pm
  3. FlynnPaul

Hi,
    This article is really helpful to clean patio furniture.
    Thanks for share tip like this.

June 6, 2013 at 5:24 am
  4. daniellloyd

Cleaning outside furniture turns into a consistent undertaking throughout the warm months when we are utilizing our open air living zones all the more regularly. The tips you provided are good to use .

March 14, 2014 at 2:27 am
  5. Red crucible 2 hack

Hey there just wanted too give you a quick heads up.
    The tedxt in your article seem to be running off
    the screen in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibiliyy but I figuredd I’d post to let you know.
    The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Many thanks

May 17, 2014 at 6:38 am
  6. http://quizzicalrubbis64.skyrock.com/3218676109-The-Advantages-of-Having-an-SEO-Compliant-Website-Yahoo-Voices.html

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site
    with uus so I came to take a look. I’m ddfinitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking
    and will be tweeting this to my followers! Grest blog aand fantastic style and design.

August 21, 2014 at 10:13 pm