Don’t Wash Your Face in the Morning

April 16, 2013 | By | Comments (7)

Woman washing her face

Shocking advice, I know. But for most people (unless you have incredibly oily skin), just splashing water on your face in the shower is enough.

If you’re good about removing your make up and washing your face at night, scrubbing it again as soon as you wake up can be too harsh on your skin. Instead, just give your complexion a rinse while you’re in the shower and apply a moisturizer with sunscreen under your makeup.

If your skin is on the oily side, go ahead and wash your face in the morning, too, but just use a gentle cleanser and save anything stronger for your nighttime scrub.

Follow our step-by-step guide to caring for your skin.

COMMENTS

1. Dana Lauducci

I cannot even imagine how greasy and broken out I would be if I only washed my face at night. Ew!!!!

April 23, 2013 at 11:46 am
  2. thegoldenholden

I only wash my face in the morning if I have gone to the gym. But maybe I shouldn’t?

April 23, 2013 at 11:48 am
  3. bambooblossom

I’ve mostly only been washing my face at night for the past year and it looks really good.

April 23, 2013 at 12:58 pm
  4. Kim

To each her own….I go to bed with makeup on because I don’t want to scare my husband LOL. In the morning, I remove my eye makeup with a gentle cream. I follow with an astringent which removes all of the residual base makeup. My face is left tingling and clean. Then the new makeup is applied. I have oily skin so the astringent works well for me (I use a gentle version). Funny thing, I RARELY have acne and certainly have had very few breakouts even as a teen. Today, I am told I look young for my age of 54.

April 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm
  5. Annie Nelson

I never scrub my face – My face wash foams when I rub my hands together. So I get it really foamy and then apply it to my face really gently and then rinse. I’m super careful because I know that irritation causes breakouts. But I always wash in the morning.

April 23, 2013 at 1:07 pm
  6. Nina Forrest

I wash my face with Dove ever so lightly in the shower. No scrubbing. Seems to work for me.

April 23, 2013 at 1:42 pm
  7. gypsybaby75

I have oily skin and I just rinse in the morning. I have seen a reduction of pimples. Scrubbing too much is bad for anybody’s skin.

April 23, 2013 at 1:44 pm