Leave Your Heels on for Pictures

April 11, 2013 | By | Comments (18)

heal-tiptoe_300

As much as you might want to—don’t kick off your heels! It’s no secret that a pair of pumps have the power to make you taller and make your legs look longer—but did you know they can also help you photograph better, even if your feet aren’t in the picture?

Models and celebrities often ask for a pair of heels when posing for a photograph, even if only from the waist up—the extra inches create a small center-of-gravity shift, so women naturally stand with noticeably better posture to help keep their balance. It’s more than just pulling your shoulders back, though—heels 3 inches and over shift your pelvis, giving your back an appealing arch that’s difficult to obtain in flats. The discomfort is temporary, but the pretty picture will last forever.

COMMENTS

1. vincent

iT’S NO SECRET: MY MOTHER ALWAYS WORE HEELS WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE, EVEN TO THE GROCERY STORE. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THAT SHE REPLIED: NO LADY EVER GOES OUT IN PUBLIC LOOKING LIKE SHE WAS SWEEPING FLOORS AND NO MAN EVER NOTICES A WOMAN IF HER LEGS LOOK STUMPY. BY THE WAY, I AM NOW A SENIOR CITIZEN OVER THE HILL (70 ISH).

April 12, 2013 at 7:47 am
  2. Jordan Morrison

I agree with Vincent. My family enjoys the art of dressing well and feeling confident. It’s amazing how a slick of red on the lips and a few inches on the heels can transform a person.

April 12, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    • vincent

BET THERE ARE MORE IN HIDING DUE TO THE SNEAKER GENERATION GAP…..

April 13, 2013 at 7:57 am
  3. Nadia

it’s a sad shame the way some women leave their houses dressed! Hair undone, sweats, pajamas, slippers, some don’t even wash their faces or brush their teeth!!!

April 18, 2013 at 11:49 am
  4. Ann

It’s a shame that women are subjugated to nonsense like high heels to look “prettier.” Have you seen the way many women stand in high heels? They almost all slump. High heels are bad for your back and overall health. Girls, stand up straight and wear shoes that are comfortable and benefit your health, then you will have a real smile that goes all the way to your core.

April 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm
  5. Shonna

Oh yea…Crocs are sexy…said NO ONE ever! No one is being subjugated to anything. It’s about making choices and doing things that make you feel good. I feel better with a heel on and just a touch of lipstick even if I’m barefaced. I don’t choose to go out in public in pajamas, slippers and looking like an escapee from a store that starts with Wal and ends with Mart. There is nothing wrong with having a little pride in yourself.

April 18, 2013 at 12:27 pm
  6. Bonnie

I really like the shoes in the picture! It could just be a mind trick and I can’t always wear them, but I do feel prettier in heels. Nothing wrong with that. :)

April 18, 2013 at 12:47 pm
  7. Len

I take pride in myself without 3 inch heels, red lipstick, or perpetual dieting; neither are bedroom slippers, pajamas, or uncombed hair in my repertoire when I go out.

April 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm
  8. Sherry

yeah, i get tired of the double standard. VINCENT: do you ever wear 3″ heels? bully for your mother, but i hardly see ANY men feeling the need to wear uncomfortable shoes allll the time so they look better. and women should not have to try to look “sexy” all the time. how about looking smart? looking comfortable? looking athletic? “sexy” is about pleasing to men. how about pleasing yourself? and not just by your ability to attract men.

April 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm
    • VINCENT

I WOULD BE HERE ALL DAY TO ANSWER EACH OF YOU ONE ON ONE; BUT I CAN SEE IT IS A SPLIT RESPONSE AND ALL ARE EQUALLY FAIR RESPONSES SO HERE GOES..
      WALKING CORRECTLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAUGHT WHILE IN YOUR TEENAGE YEARS.

BEING TALL IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT WEARING HEELS.

PRIDE IS ONES IMAGE OF ONES SELF THAT MAKES A PERSON ALWAYS PUT THEIR BEST FOOT FORWARD AND SNEAKERS DON’T DO THAT NO MATTER HOW YOU REASON IT OUT..

TRUST ME, MEN DO WEAR HEELS AND THOSE WHO DO, CHOOSE HIGHER HEELS WHENEVER POSSIBLE, THEY LEARNED FROM THE BEST OF THE BEST. STAND TALL AND HEAD UP HIGH AND WHENEVER THEY CAN, TAKE A LOAD OFF THEIR FEET.
      EVEN THE BEST OF MODELS TAKE A BREAK WHENEVER THEY CAN.

SOME OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT MANY WOMEN DO NOT TAKE CARE OF THEIR FEET WITH DAILY FOOT BATHS AND REGULAR PEDICURES (SELF INDULGENCE IS NOT FORBIDDEN WHEN IT COMES TO GOOD GROOMING). AND, MEN ARE ONL BEGINNING TO TAKE THIS STANCE THAT THEY ARE WORTH IT AS WELL!!

SO HERE WE GO ON ANOTHER ROUND!!!! HAVE FUN AND DON’T HOLD BACK, I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE FEEDBACK!!!

THANKS, VINCENT

April 19, 2013 at 8:18 am
  9. Carrie

I love heels and they do make comfortable ones.

April 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm
  10. Ann

Comfortable heels?? I can feel the charley horses coming on……………….

April 18, 2013 at 3:53 pm
  11. Dan

‘“sexy” is about pleasing to men’.
    NOT. Sexy high heels are a weapon against other women. Men prefer barefoot.

April 18, 2013 at 4:58 pm
  12. Priscilla

I wish I could wear heels they’re just so cute! Unfortunately I’m already tall enough. Girls don’t wear heels to impress guys, they wear them to impress other girls and gain a compliment or five.

April 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm
  13. Amanda

I like heels but after 6 foot surgeries, I opt for more comfortable shoes. Nothing is more unattractive than seeing a woman try to walk in heels that are too high or uncomfortable. They kind of hobble around looking like they will topple over at any second. However, I do agree that they are sexy if you can actually walk in them. It’s just a matter of choice. If I am going to a nice event, I wear heels.

April 19, 2013 at 5:04 pm
  14. Marguerite L. McAfee

The only people who SHOULD like high heels are orthopedic surgeons & physical therapists! Not only your feet suffer, but your lower back gets killed in the process of long time wearing of those things!
    “Sexy” is what makes YOU feel that way… But, a long history of wearing high heels will only get you high medical bills & high pain levels. Also: what is it with women having to do this & that? Why cannot woman be @ peace with themselves & just be themselves–much like men-who you do not often see “posing’? A big smile, a genuine laugh, an arm around your best friend- usually makes the best picture I’ve found.

April 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm
  15. VINCENT

SEE WHAT I MEAN::::: MEN DO HUG EACH OTHER; MEN DO POSE; BUT MEN ENJOY LOOKING AT WOMEN WHO LOOK GOOD. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED ABOUT! EVEN GAY MEN LOOK AT PHOTOS OF GOOD LOOKING WOMEN IN GREAT CLOTHES AND GREAT SHOES. NO MATTER WHAT SOME OF THE WOMEN IN THE WORLD THINK IT IS A GREAT HONOR TO YOU (EVE’S) THAT WE MEN (ADAM’S) (GAY OR STRAIGHT) STILL THINK THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THEN SEEING A GREAT WOMAN WITH A GREAT PAIR OF LEGS IN HIGH HEELS AND GREAT CLOTHES STRUTTING AROUND MAKING US STAND UP AND NOTICE THEM.

AND NOW THE MEN ARE STARTING TO TAKE NOTICE OF THEIR STATURE AND STYLE. ABOUT TIME!!!!!! :):):):)! vincent

April 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
  16. high heels

nice tip, pic can say lot, some moments are priceless so with heel or without heels keep clicking pics

May 23, 2013 at 12:15 pm