If you are a living, breathing, human resident of our fine nation, at this point you can’t escape Sheryl Sandberg and her new book, Lean In. I am less interested in the book itself (which I read, though quickly) than I am in all the conversation around the book. I really can’t figure out what I think about the whole thing. I want to know what you think.
Please be kind enough to choose one of the responses below and tell me your choice in the comments:
1. Sheryl Sandberg is the voice of a new generation of women. And thank heaven for that.
2. Sheryl Sandberg cannot possibly understand me or my problems because she is worth $2.7 billion.
3. I want to be Sheryl Sandberg.
4. I want Sheryl Sandberg to be my boss, or at least my friend.
5. I want Sheryl Sandberg to be president.
6. I want Sheryl Sandberg to go away.
7. I would lean in if I wanted to, but I don’t.
8. None of the above. Instead, here’s what I think…
Please help me figure this out. At this point I keep leaning back and then leaning in, and although I am probably strengthening my core, it’s making me exhausted!