New Use for Chinese Food Containers

February 15, 2013 | By | Comments (6)

First things first, I know this video is super cheesy, but I think it’s pretty brilliant, too. I would have never thought that you could “unfold” a Chinese food take out container to make a better plate. I almost wonder if it wouldn’t be better to just unfold one side of it to create a kind of bowl. (Inevitably, if I’m eating Chinese food from a to-go container, I’m sitting on my couch watching a movie, too.)

Tell me if you’ve tried this, or if you would try this. Or if you’re classy and actually take the Chinese delivery out of the container and serve it on plates.

COMMENTS

1. Kristina

haha in my family, we’ve always used plates

February 15, 2013 at 9:15 pm
  2. StephieLou

Reblogged this on The Right Hue and commented:
    Plan to try this next time I order takeout. Thanks for the idea, FoodBeastTV and Real Simple.

February 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm
  3. June

Unless you’re going to eat the whole thing in one sitting, this seems wasteful, as you just took apart the container you could have stored the leftovers in.

February 18, 2013 at 4:56 pm
  4. vicky

funny I actually figured this out a long time ago,& the container can be put back together,if open correctly

March 25, 2013 at 3:20 pm
  5. mloshe234

Great video! I’m never going to be able to look at those Chinese take-out boxes the same ever again! I have always been that guy that puts it onto a plate but not anymore!

June 14, 2013 at 9:45 am
  6. mistercatyoga

I’ve been using these containers for OVER 40 YEARS and no one told me this. Thanks for nothing.

August 20, 2013 at 5:28 am