Do You Keep Nail Polish or Batteries in Your Fridge?

February 14, 2013 | By | Comments (6)

Nail Polish

When I was growing up friends of mine used to keep their nail polish and batteries in the refrigerator. Why? They thought it would make both things last longer, but as it turns out the opposite is true.

With batteries, cold storage can actually harm their endurance. And with nail polish the cooler temps will make the lacquer thicker and harder to apply. Instead both should be stored a room temperature, and if you can, store nail polish away from direct sunlight as well.

Find out what else you shouldn’t be storing in your refrigerator.

COMMENTS

1. Sammy

My friend used to always store her polish in the fridge, too. There is NOTHING worse than thick, sticky nail polish. Glad I never took her advice.

February 14, 2013 at 10:58 pm
  2. Alejandra

I wonder where that original idea came from? So good to know! Fortunately I never have enough room for anything non-edible in my fridge!

February 20, 2013 at 3:46 pm
  3. Penny

I do know that putting your eyeliner or shadow pencils in the fridge before sharpening them is a good tip! :)

February 20, 2013 at 3:59 pm
  4. Flavia

I do keep my nails polish in the fridge and it does exactly the opposite! It makes it smoother and way easier to apply them when I store it at room temperature! It does NOT make it thicker!!

September 22, 2013 at 9:01 am
  5. Nancy Reigle

I have always stored nail polish in the fridge. It never thickens. I have some that are 5 years old and still good.

September 25, 2013 at 7:48 am
  6. http://www.lazylacquerista.com/

Hello colleagues, nice paragraph and pleasant urging commened at this place,
    I am really enjoying by these.

October 17, 2013 at 1:34 pm