How to Get the Perfect Blow Out from The Beauty Department

January 24, 2013 | By | Comments (17)

If you’ve checked out our March issue, you already know that we’re big fans of The Beauty Department. Today we bring you their tips for the perfect blow out. Goodbye bad hair days!

Perfect Blow Out from the Beauty Department

Tips for success:

1. Start with the bangs, and the wetter the better.
2. Dry your hair all over so it’s evenly damp. Keep the blow dryer moving.
3. Dry the rest of your hair in this order: back, left side, right side.
4. Tame flyaways, and you’re done!

See the detailed steps for the perfect blow out on The Beauty Department, and check out a few of our other favorite hairstyles and tips: a quick twist for short hair, simple vintage waves, how to minimize frizz in the winter, and three cascading braids.

COMMENTS

1. Barb

It might work if I had three hands.

February 14, 2013 at 3:57 am
  2. Priscilla

How-to for short hair would be nice also.

February 20, 2013 at 11:24 am
  3. Diane

Agree with Prisciclla

February 20, 2013 at 1:17 pm
  4. Margo

How about natural curls???

February 21, 2013 at 12:36 am
  5. shalilah2002

Reblogged this on shalilah2002 and commented:
    Interesting ideas I just started getting this magazine in the mail. I think it will be one of my favorites.

March 1, 2013 at 11:22 pm
  6. Liz

I agree with Barb!!

March 11, 2013 at 11:14 pm
  7. Kim Raines

So-so advice, nothing new, but if you have thick, kinky/curly/wavy hair like me, all your work will go down the tubes a few minutes later if there’s any humidity in the air. After fighting this problem (and losing) for forty years, I started getting keratin treatments which totally changed my life. Hair dries in half the time and stays put, no frizz. Way too expensive ($450) but last year I started doing it myself. I use Uncurly and get just as good results for under $20. To Barb, above, it does away with the need for a third hand. LOL. Although, btw, I have seen hair dryer stands that people use to free up their hands for all the work. KR

March 18, 2013 at 11:32 pm
  8. Laurene

I agree with Pris what about ladies with short hair?

March 29, 2013 at 2:20 pm
  9. Bev

Older 60+ needs help for short hair. How would Pixie doo like Kelly Pickler. can I pull that off?

April 1, 2013 at 11:53 am
  10. Amy

Or just get a rotating brush dryer, I do mine daily with the babyliss one and it works a charm! No third hand needed.

April 12, 2013 at 4:30 pm
  11. Karen

I agree with the ladies tips for short hair would be good also how to do a variety of styles too

April 15, 2013 at 8:10 am
  12. jomarie baker

@kim raines I believe it could be $20.00 each treatment, but
    after the initial $100 plus investment in the products and appropriate straightener.

April 15, 2013 at 10:34 am
  13. Judy H.

I agree with Priscilla. Just because a woman has short hair doesn’t mean that blow-outs are a breeze.

April 17, 2013 at 2:54 pm
  14. Candy Mixon

Curly hair girls need some attention too! Long and short hair. Help, Beauty Department!

April 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm
  15. Martie Thomalla

My hair dryer stand is one of my favorite things. Saves my arthritic thumb joint from the dryer’s weight but also just makes continuous blow drying a breeze. Beauty supply stores carry the stands.

May 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm
  16. Rachel

Thanks for the link! Ladies wanting other styles (short/curly/Mohawk,etc) the website given has ideas for those too under the “hair” section, you just have to look at the other posts.

May 8, 2013 at 7:34 pm
  17. cheap riding lawn mowers

I don’t even know how I finished up here, however I thought
    this put up was great. I don’t recognize who you might be but certainly you are going
    to a well-known blogger in the event you are not already.
    Cheers!