Microwave splatters are one of my least favorite things to clean. (Partially due to the fact that my microwave is on top of my refrigerator, and while I’m many things, I am not tall.) But luckily, most of this cleaning (and deodorizing) routine is hands-off.
1. Combine 1 cup water & 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Heat the mixture in the microwave to a boil.
3. Let it boil for 3 minutes.
4. Let stand in the microwave for 5 minutes.
5. Wipe down the walls with a damp microfiber cloth.
1. Fill a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup of water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
2. Heat the mixture in the microwave until it comes to a boil.
3. Let the mixture sit overnight with the door closed. Any lingering odors should dissipate.
Get more kitchen cleaning tips here.