Ask Us Your Hair Questions. We Want to Solve Them!

January 14, 2013 | By | Comments (10)

Model with straight hair and bangs

If only my hair could look like that everyday. Sadly, it’s looked that good maybe once in my life, but our fabulous Beauty & Health Director Didi Gluck is here to help.

Do you have hair-raising hair-related questions? (Like what’s the best product for taming frizz or the most graceful way to grow out a pixie cut.) If so, leave them in the comments, and Didi will answer a selection of them in an upcoming column on RealSimple.com.

In the meantime, check out these quick tips for knockout hairstyles.

COMMENTS

1. Terry

I live in the south, near the ocean where the humidity is almost always above 80%. No matter what the shampoo, conditioner or styling agent I use, I can not keep my hair from going from styled, straight and smooth to frizzy wavy and uncontrollable when I go outside.
    I have a drawer full of hair styling products that don’t work! Help!

January 14, 2013 at 4:28 pm
  2. Krissie

I’m a working mom with wavy/curly hair. I usually only wash my hair every other day, on the second day my hair is all funky weird from being slept on, the curls are all crunched up and mangled and the front pieces are almost straight. I struggle with easy, quick, day two styles. I end up pulling it back in a ponytail more than I’d like, ok like on every 2nd day… I’d still like to appear put together on day two, but I need ideas!

January 14, 2013 at 9:54 pm
  3. sam reed

I have a lot of pre-mature grey all over. Because of scalp sensitively, I have been able to use only 1 brand of over the counter hair color. Years later, I am tired of coloring my hair because the regrowth is so quick, I cannot keep up with coloring on a regular basis. Any suggestions for keeping the grey at bay.

January 14, 2013 at 10:41 pm
  4. Hollyanne Fricke

I do a fairly intensive cardio workout on most days, which leaves me feeling like I HAVE to wash my hair since it gets quite sweaty. However, washing my hair everyday leaves it dry and leads to breakage (which I’m already prone to because my hair is VERY fine). Any suggestions?! If I don’t workout, I can usually get away with a day of dry shampoo in between washes but not sure what to do if it’s sweaty!

January 15, 2013 at 11:43 am
  5. Ruth

I have curly/wavy hair and I want to try a new cut. I have always cut my hair long and layered because I thought I had no other options. I want to go short, or try something completely different without looking like a ball of frizz landed on my head. Any suggestions?

January 15, 2013 at 12:20 pm
  6. karen carrozza

There are a million products for hair to fight humidity, but I need something to fight static! I live in Utah where the winters are cold and DRY. Are there products for hair to fight static electricity?

January 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm
  7. curious customer

What is the toughest hairstyle to perfrom by a hairstylist?

April 3, 2013 at 5:36 pm
  8. Louise Flowers

I have been an ash blonde all my life. I am no 70 and for the past 5 years or so my hair has been turing darker and is now dark brown. At my temples my hair is turning white. My question is why has it turned brown?

May 14, 2013 at 11:13 am
  9. Louise Flowers

Pardon the typo…I am now 70

May 14, 2013 at 11:14 am
  10. C A

question?
    I am 65 no gray hair but loosing my hair on top. What would you do to “promote” my hair to grow on top?

May 14, 2013 at 2:42 pm