Just a few simple things can prevent (or fix) a host of sartorial slip-ups. Professional stylists bring these items to photo shoots, and having learned from experience how helpful they can be, also carry a pared-down version in their day-to-day bags.
1. Safety pins. Small but mighty – perfect quick fixes for a broken strap, a broken necklace, or a missing button.
2. Double-stick tape will hold anything in place, from a sliding strap, to a low-cut neckline. You can even use it as a temporary hem-fixer. Try Hollywood Fashion Tape, which is super sticky and flexible, and comes in a sleek box of precut strips (much chicer than toting around a tape dispenser).
3. Moleskin padding. These self-adhesive, cut-to-fit sheets prevent all kinds of pain, from impending blisters to uncomfortable underwires.
4. Mini sewing kit for on-the-go repairs. We love that this one contains scissors and that all of the items snap securely into designated spots.
5. Mini lint rollers – absolutely essential if you have pets. Or friends with pets. Or might go anywhere ever where there will possibly be an animal. Or if you have a sweater or rug that sheds fibers. Or … well, need we say more?