What Do You Think of Our New Homepage?

November 15, 2012 | By | Comments (16)

It may not time for spring cleaning, but we were in the mood for freshening things up around here. Today we revealed a brand new look for the realsimple.com homepage.

RealSimple.com

Here’s a little bit of what you’ll find:

1. A reinvigorated focus on daily content.
  2. A modern design that better reflects the brand.
  3. Checklists! They now have a permanent place in the nav.
  4. A place for successful features like our Pinterest boards and New Use of the Day.
  5. And, a new blog design (which I’m assuming you already noticed). We’ve refocused, refreshed, and simplified Simply Stated to present the best daily tips and tidbits in a beautiful, new way.

So, what do you think? Loaded question I know, but I’m ready for the answers. Let me know in the comments, or email me at kathleen_harris@realsimple.com. And who am I? Just for the record, I’m the editor of realsimple.com. You’ll be hearing a lot more from me here on out.

We hope you enjoy!

COMMENTS

1. Andria

It looks too busy

November 15, 2012 at 3:13 pm
  2. secyure

I like it. It gives me a lot to choose from; clean and vibrant. Less clicking around to find what I want saves time.

November 15, 2012 at 4:53 pm
  3. Debbie

Love it….

November 15, 2012 at 5:09 pm
  4. Rachel

I like it! Reminds me of the layout of the magazine! :)

November 15, 2012 at 5:30 pm
  5. Casey

I love it! It looks really sharp and I love the integration with your fabulous pinterest page!

November 15, 2012 at 6:45 pm
  6. Nathalie

I think it also looks too busy, too much

November 15, 2012 at 7:07 pm
  7. Chris

Woah. Information overload. It is very cluttered and not the least bit appealing.

November 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm
  8. c

way too much going on. i’m used to messy web sites, but this just has too many sections and ads assaulting me at once.

November 16, 2012 at 1:45 am
  9. Julie

What happened to the Recipe of the Day?

November 16, 2012 at 8:45 am
    • Kathleen Harris

Julie: You will see that feature on our food & recipes channel when we relaunch those early next year. In the meantime, sign up for the daily recipe newsletter and you can receive it every day: realsimple.com/newsletters

November 16, 2012 at 8:49 am
  10. emily

i think the old format what easier to navigate.

November 16, 2012 at 12:23 pm
  11. Horizon Shutters

Frankly, it is not as simple as I might expect from “Real Simple”. I understand there are lots of features to fit in a relatively small space (nav links, article links, advertisements, pictures, etc.) There is a lot to absorb at first glance. However, it is crisp, current, and modern. I have designed a lot of web sites and realize it is a difficult task.

November 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm
  12. Julianne

I am not a fan of this at all. I wanted to comment yesterday but held off in the hopes that maybe it was a reluctance to change I was feeling but alas, no. I reread “Who Moved My Cheese” came back today and I still do not like it. Your website is about simplicity; me finding what I (the busy housewife/mom/RealSimple reader) need in an efficient and easy manner. Your new page was an information overload upon opening, not simple in the slightest and way too many ads. Any chance we can have the old page back….please?

November 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm
  13. kiran

I think the previous homepage was RealSimple.This one has a lot going on.

November 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm
  14. Andria S

For some reason the homepage doesn’t line up properly on my screen, so I have to scroll down to the bottom just to read everything. Too many things going on in what I can now see is the intended view of the homepage, thanks to the picture on this page. It’s almost enough to put me off of checking Real Simple on a daily basis, as I did before. I use Firefox, in case that has something to do with why the homepage image isn’t loading properly? Please simplify again!

November 16, 2012 at 3:07 pm
  15. Marisa Sandington

I have this set as my home page and the old format used to suck me in…this one doesn’t do that…

November 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm