Does this look familiar? If it’s been a rainy spring where you live, it probably does. Luckily a muddy footprint, even one this bad, doesn’t mean you have to replace your carpet. Use the following steps to erase those footprints:
For synthetic carpet:
1. Vacuum any dry dirt to remove it.
2. Dip a white cloth into this detergent solution, press the cloth on the spot for a few seconds. Remove the cloth and let soak for 15 minutes. Then soak up any excess liquid from the carpet.
3. Dip another white cloth in lukewarm water and dab the spot repeatedly.
4. Repeat until the stain is gone.
For natural-fiber carpet:
1. Vacuum to remove any dry dirt.
2. Spray the stain with the detergent solution then blot with a dry white cloth.
3. Spray the stain with the vinegar solution then blot with a dry white cloth.
4. Spray the stain with lukewarm water then blot with a dry white cloth.
5. Repeat until the stain is gone.