If it seems like you’re plugging in your smartphone to recharge everyday (or worse yet, more than once per day), it might be time to adjust a few of your settings to make that battery last just a little bit longer. Her are the top five settings to change according to Jay Möller of MetroPCS:
1. Dim your screen: You don’t need it to be at full brightness all the time.
2. Close apps when you’re not using them: Many continue to run and continue draining your battery.
3. Turn off GPS, Bluetooth & WiFi: When you’re not using them, turn them off. The constant scanning for networks and your location wastes power quickly.
4. Change your vibration settings: Many touch screen phones respond every time you touch the screen, if you don’t need that to tell what you’re doing, turn it off.
5. Shorten your screen’s time-out time: The faster your phone goes to sleep the more battery power you’ll save.