- A little each day. The adage, “Rome wasn’t built in a day,” applies very well to organizing and uncluttering. There isn’t an award to win for organizing the fastest, so take your time, be thorough, and do just 15 or 30 minutes worth of work a day.
- Know yourself. The better you know how you use your space and things, the easier it is to organize. The things you use the most often should be the easiest to access, and the things you use the least often should be more out of the way.
- Keep it simple. The easier the system, the more likely you are to maintain it.
- Work with a buddy. An accountability partner or someone to actually help you do the work is always a good idea. Simply having someone there to help keep you on task is a great way to get work done.
- Like your product. Organize in a way that inspires or delights you. If you need fancy file folders to make you interested in using them, use the fancy file folders.
Accompanying image by Scogin Mayo.