Does getting a meal on the table every night stress you out? Are you in a cooking rut, or do you feel like dinnertime turns into chaos at your house? You’ve come to the right place!
This month, we’re hosting the Take Back Dinnertime Challenge to share smart tips and ideas to help you cook healthier meals, get organized in the kitchen, find cooking inspiration, and connect your family at the table. Plus, you’ll be entered in a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of our weekly prizes, including $2,000 in groceries.
Here’s how it works:
Register: Join the challenge and create a profile to enter the sweepstakes and keep track of your points.
Get our daily ideas and earn more points: Starting August 22, you’ll get daily emails with cooking tips, recipes, and easy dinnertime ideas. The more ideas you try, the more points you earn.
Spread the word: Tell your friends about the challenge—for every friend who joins, you’ll get another point. And the more points you earn, the more sweepstakes entries you’ll get, meaning you’ll have more chances to win.
What is the challenge?
At Real Simple we hear over and over that getting dinner on the table is a challenge. In fact, in June we asked you to share the challenges you have getting meals ready and 1,200 of you shared your stories! We chose four families and sent our editors to help give them a dinnertime makeover, but we wanted all of you to learn from their experiences, too. So we’ve designed the Take Back Dinnertime Challenge to give more of you smart tips and easy ideas on how to tackle four of the most common hurdles you face to getting dinner on the table.
What will I get during the challenge?
Each week, we’ll focus on a different dinnertime struggle. Each Monday, tune in to our new video from our Managing Editor Kristin van Ogtrop and our Food Director Allie Lewis Clapp introducing that week’s problem. The four areas that we’ll cover are:
• Get Healthy – Delicious recipes that are good for you too.
Can’t wait to get started: The 30 Healthiest Foods
• Get Organized – Trouble planning meals? Is your kitchen too cluttered? Streamline your routine to get dinner on the table faster.
Can’t wait to get started: Use our Weekly Meal Planner
• Get Connected – Get fun ideas on how to make dinnertime more meaningful for your family.
Can’t wait to get started: Making Family Mealtime Work for You
In addition to the videos, each day you’ll receive a daily idea to help you on the path to taking back dinner time. For each idea you check out and try, we’ll give you points for participating. And the best part—the more points you get, the more entries you’ll get in our sweepstakes!
How do I join the challenge?
Just visit our registration page and complete the form to create your user profile for the challenge. Plus, by registering for the challenge, you’ve entered our sweepstakes and you could win $2,000 or one of four other weekly prizes.
How do I get more entries after I register?
Every point you earn in the challenge equals one more entry in the sweepstakes. There are two ways to earn points once the challenge starts on August 22nd:
1. Try our daily ideas: Every day, August 22 through September 19, we’ll send you an email with that day’s idea. Visit the site to learn more about the idea, and how it can help you take back dinnertime. If you like it, click the “Great idea” button on the landing page for that day, and you’ll earn points. Each point gives you another entry in the sweepstakes.
2. Tell your friends! For each friend who joins the Take Back Dinnertime Challenge, you’ll get another point. To make sure your referrals count, sign into the challenge page and click the yellow “Invite your friends” button. You’ll be able to let them know about the challenge via email, Facebook, or Twitter. Be sure to use that yellow button to get your extra points!