Staining a piece of wood furniture, or unfinished wood cabinets doesn’t require you to break out the toxic chemicals. Instead, you can use your favorite morning beverage, supposing of course that you want your cabinets to be a rich dark brown.
Here are the easy instructions via Charles & Hudson:
1. Steep coffee grounds in hot water in a french press or large jar for a few hours, preferably overnight. (Remember the darker the brew, the darker the stain.)
2. Strain out coffee grounds using a coffee filter or cheese cloth.
3. Set out the cabinets or furniture to be stained on newspaper to protect your floor.
4. Apply stain using a lint-free cloth that has been soaked in the coffee. Follow with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth to remove any excess stain.
5. Allow furniture or cabinets to dry, and then cover with a clear sealant.
Would you consider staining a piece of furniture using coffee?