You likely use a couple of makeup brushes every day depending on what your beauty routine is. And those brushes can get caked with make up and oil from your skin quickly. So today's the day to clean them up.
1. Run your brushes under warm water to just wet the bristles.
2. Pour a small amount of baby shampoo into the palm of your hand, and swirl the wet brush around in it.
3. Rinse the brush by swirling in a bowl of clear water. (Be sure not to get the base of the bristles wet, as doing so can cause the glue to loosen.)
4. Use a cloth towel to gently wipe the brush clean. Then lay the brush flat to dry.
Aim to clean your brushes once a month. And spray them with a brush cleaner in between deep cleanings.
- Beauty Editors' Favorite Products
- 12 Common Beauty Questions Answered
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Applying Makeup