Many people enjoy setting resolutions, and at the top of many lists is: Be more organized. Unfortunately, without more concrete objectives, these resolutions run the risk of being unfulfilled.
If you’re setting resolutions and wish to include organizing or uncluttering goals to your list, consider one or more of these (I probably wouldn’t try to tackle all of them, though):
- Nightly: change into pajamas an hour before going to bed. (When you get ready for bed before you’re exhausted, you’re more likely to get your dirty clothes in the hamper and shoes back in their proper storage locations.)
- Daily: put dirty dishes into the dishwasher immediately after a meal and declare that a meal isn’t finished until the kitchen is clean. (If you don’t own a dishwasher, make the same declaration about washing and drying the dishes by hand.)
- Nightly: make and pack lunches for the next day while making dinner. (You won’t have to scramble in the morning.)
- Daily: shred, recycle, and/or trash junk mail immediately upon entering the house.
- Daily: hang up your coat immediately upon entering the house.
- Every Sunday: Plan out meals for the week and create a grocery list.
What concrete resolutions are you setting for 2011? Share your changes in the comments.