With summer just around the corner, and with it an influx of weekend visitors and casual parties, it’s the perfect time to lighten up your decor.
Here are five easy ideas for brightening up the mood of any home:
1. Add beachy elements. Fill glass vases with shells, and use a straw bag to corral newspapers.
2. Pack away heavy bedding. Trade it in for crisp white sheets and a linen coverlet.
3. Don’t forget the kitchen. Display a big bowl of lemons or heirloom tomatoes on a counter.
4. Bring the outside in. Put flowers on tables, potted plants in corners, and palm leaves (real or fake) on the mantel.
5. Bring the inside out, too. Gather glasses, napkins, and an ice bucket on a tray and head for the patio: Warm weather is the perfect excuse to entertain.
How do you plan to lighten up? Share your own strategies in the comments below.