As I have noted on this blog before, I get a lot of dumb e-mails during the course of the week. A number of them, alas, are from PR people. Now, I have nothing against PR people; Real Simple has a crackerjack PR department and if it weren’t for the smart women running it, I probably couldn’t get out of bed in the morning.
But there seem to be a lot of PR people around who need to think about their audience a bit more.
Let me interrupt this rant by pointing out that if I read another magazine article or see another ad for a TV show that includes the word “cougar” (and we’re not talking about the big cat), I’m going to jump out the window. I’ve just had it with the whole cougar thing, which I consider deeply silly and offensive in ways that I can’t quite articulate and am still exploring. So perhaps I have a bit of an ax to grind when it comes to this subject anyway. And then comes the following e-mail. I have deleted the name and contact information of the PR person, who I’m sure is just doing her job (poor thing). But still:
To: Kristin van Ogtrop
Subject: sugar daddy site daters available
What’s life really like for someone pursuing a Sugar Daddy, like Kim from “Real Housewives of Atlanta”?
What’s the Sugar Daddy or Cougar’s perspective and why do they want to be one? Has the recession changed the dynamics of these relationships? Would you be interested in speaking with members of the #1 site for “sugar daddy” dating – SugarDaddyForMe.com (2,000,000 members and growing every day).
Some potential interview subjects include:
- Male (African American) supported by cougar (Caucasian)
- Single Female Veteran of military (Caucasian) dating many men on site
- Sugar Daddy who met Baby on site and says “I recently took her to Sicily and we got married in Capri. Now we are living in the Time Warner Center in NYC.”
- Baby (Caucasian) who was introduced to her Sugar Daddy by another female member of the site
- Baby (African American): “I wasn’t looking for someone to take care of me…wanted someone who has more to offer than I did….someone who can take me to dinner and not expect to get laid…I found a really romantic guy.”
- Baby (gorgeous Caucasian): “I have the PERFECT Sugar Daddy…He takes care of everything for me. He is kind of a big shot in Chicago and has kids around my age so I know he wouldn’t go on TV but he is a dream come true. Our first meeting he took me shopping, paid a bill for me and took me to dinner.”
- …TONS, tons more stories of every type
Sugar Daddies, Cougars, Sugar Babies (female) and Cubs (male) are available to reveal all.
With more than two-million members – and growing – SugarDaddyForMe, with its ultimate search criteria and other tech features like iPhone remote access, is the LARGEST and most popular Sugar Daddy dating site. The founder of the site is also available for interviews.
Would you be interested speaking further? Thanks.
Seriously!?!? Ok, dear readers: If you got this email, would you
- go to the site
- delete the e-mail
- e-mail back in a rage
- blog about it
- just get over it, already