I love scented candles and I’m big on creating a mood in the home (especially a romantic one), though I’m sensitive to a lot of fragrances and tend to get headaches quite easily. I can’t even walk by a Yankee Candle store without nearly passing out from the odor so I order from them online (there are only a few by YC that I can burn in the home without getting a migraine). Allergies I guess. Lucky for me, I’m not allergic to all candles but have had to test quite a few billion in order to find the right ones for me.
I burn lots of unscented candles too, but a few times a week I enjoy relaxing by candlelight or soaking in my tub with a lovely scent filling the air… What candles do you love? Do you have a favorite? I’m always looking for new ones, so if you have any to share, please do. I’ve composed a list of my favorites in return, in no particular order, below. Would you like to see them?
- Pacifica – Great brand of soy candles, especially if you’re California dreamin’ like me (I have a crush on California, it’s my favorite state) because they all remind me of the west coast. My three favorite scents are Brazillion Mango Grapefruit, Mediterrean Fig and Malibu Lemon Blossom. You can purchase them online or you can find them at shops like Anthropologie where I tend to find them.
- L’OCCITANE – They carry everything for the skin and such, but it’s their candles that had me at hello. I love, love, love the Candied Fruit and also the Lavender. Yum.
- Stonewall Kitchen – What a great brand, huh? They have some delicious things for the kitchen and whenever I’m in Portsmouth, New Hampshire (45 minutes from me) I always stock up on sauces and mixes, oh and their Lavender Mint soy candles, fantastic! So fresh and clean.
- Yankee Candle – Due to my allergies, I can only burn a few from this shop but the ones I can use are wonderful. My picks: Café Au Lait, Mango Peach Salsa, Sage & Citrus and Star Fruit & Orange.
- mi SPA – Handmade in California, these mini soy candles in travel tins are great, I am hooked on the Kauai Gingerlily. So light and pure!
- Bluewick – My husband started buying these for me and I love them. My favorite is the Peyton. It’s a very strong scent so best used in large spaces but wow, it’s dreamy!
- Voluspa – Another company I found out about thanks to my husband. Both he and I love any of the scents from the Japonica collection.
- Illume – This is a brand I found at my local Anthropologie. There isn’t one I haven’t liked. I suggest them all!
That’s all I can think of for now, though there are certainly many more but I don’t want to burn you out. Ha! Bad joke I know. Ok so it’s your turn to play… please share your favorite candles and scents and feel free to add links!
(images linked about to their sources)